Your bolt-action barrel will arrive ready for thread and chamber by your gunsmith.
Up to 64% lighter in comparison to traditional barrels, the crew of PROOF Research has done carbon barrels above and beyond all others with their neurotic pursuit of perfection. These carbon fiber barrels are 10 times stronger than steel by weight and nearly impervious to weather, nicks, dings or scratches.
- Match-grade accuracy
- Improved heat dissipation for cooler and longer lasting barrels
- No point-of-impact shift during high-volume fire
- Reduced harmonic barrel vibration
Available options Carbon:
|Caliber||Barrel Lengths in Inches||Breech Length in Inches||Shank Diameter||Contour|
When PROOF Research joined with Lawrence Barrels in 2012, they acquired 15 years of experience in manufacturing precision steel barrels. PROOF now manufactures stainless steel barrels in-house with an absolute commitment to extreme accuracy and quality. They start with double stress-relieved 416R stainless steel, a pre-hardened chromium stainless steel ideally suited for use in precision, match-grade rifle barrels. 416R was specifically designed by engineers in collaboration with barrel makers and rifle manufacturers to provide the consistency, high quality and durability the firearms industry demands.
416R is the material of choice because it has the following characteristics:
- Excellent machinability for gun drilling and reaming, plus exceptional polishability for uniform lapping—a must for bore accuracy.
- A homogeneous microstructure which responds to heat treatment providing a uniform hardness along the length of the bar, necessary for accurate rifling to precise groove dimensions.
- An optimum combination of high tensile strength along with adequate toughness to withstand typical chamber pressures encountered during firing.
416R arrives at the factory in long lengths and is then cut to finished barrel length. The barrels are then drilled, contoured and reamed to the bore diameter of the cartridge for which they are to be chambered. The barrels are then rifled, hand lapped and individually inspected with a bore scope.
Available options Stainless:
|Caliber||Barrel Length in Inches||Breech length in Inches||Shank Diameter||Contour|
All NFA Regulations apply. Please check your local and state laws before ordering.
Contact your local ATF Field Office with any NFA questions you may have.